Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Delay #2

I was all set to start cycle 15 yesterday. But I awoke that morning with a fever and a sore throat. Chemo was put on hold, with the chance of starting Tuesday as I only needed to come to the clinic for four days for this cycle. When I wasn't getting better, and the results of a nose swab test came back confirming I'd caught a cold, chemo was postponed to next week.

Good news is that I'm feeling better than I was yesterday. The sore throat is gone, and while my nose is now running a bit, I don't feel as feverish or weak as I did yesterday, when I spent most of the day in bed resting. Though I'm not happy about being delayed, I do now have an opportunity to do more Ph.D. work and enjoy more food before I take the beating that cycle 15 will inevitably give me, so I'd best make the most of it.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.123greetings.com/encouragement_and_inspiration/recovery/recovery48.html
    My dearest Hormozd feel better soon, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Hormozd, I was actually just checking out a few of your posts and had quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete