Sunday, September 22, 2013

Back in Action

I was discharged from the hospital last night. I almost thought it wouldn't happen until today because my morning white blood cell counts weren't high enough, but I got another count check at dinnertime, and those turned out to be high enough. So now that makes it the Saturday of week 2 that I've been discharged for every in-chemo hospitalization. I also avoided the need for any blood products this time, though my platelets came very close to falling below the transfusion threshold.

I've since spent the time since mostly taking it easy. I'll need the energy for the coming week. If I'm going to get something done in time for that mid-October paper deadline I mentioned earlier, this is the week to get the important stuff done. Time to make it happen.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go fadat sham. You can do it, you are the magic man.

    I have noticed your posts do not show up until the next day, I don't know why? I checked an hour ago and it wasn't there. Anyway thank God that you are better, take care and take it easy , Love you, hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Hormozd! I hope you are picking rest over research and growing stronger each day. Please let us hear how you are doing. Sorry to hear about the infection, but so glad to hear you conquered it. Do take care and let us know how Fall is in New York! Best, Sherry Unkraut

    ReplyDelete